Welcome

Welcome to Heartsprings, where I share what springs forth from my heart for God and His people. I pray that what you find here blesses you and draws you nearer to your Heavenly Father who loves you like no other.

In His love,
Brenda :-)

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Perfect Resource

When you have questions or a problem, where do you go for help?  Is your first instinct to go to your friends, family, or even a neighbor?  I know mine is.  I don't want it to be.  I want my first instinct to be to go to my Heavenly Father.  "O' Lord, hear my plea for justice.  Listen to my cry for help.  Pay attention to my prayer, for it comes from honest lips." -Psalm 17:1

I read that verse this morning and thought about how I sometimes pray with fervor because I'm worried that God won't answer my prayer as quickly as I would like Him to - or as obviously.  God knows everything!  He knows me better than anyone, including myself.  Who better to take our questions to than the answer Himself?  I asked myself why I took my problems to my friends and family first.  The answer I came up with was, "because they answer me faster and it's not as difficult to hear them."

We are such a microwave society.  We want it all and we want it now, and we want it just the way we want it.  We are so spoiled!  I don't know how many times I've sat down and attempted to be still before God only to battle a million thoughts running through my head, and a need to be up and doing something.  Task oriented, microwave woman.  That's me!  If I would only be patient long enough, and quiet long enough to hear His answer, I would probably be a lot more successful in my life.  My Heavenly Father knows what all I need to do in a day.  He knows exactly how much time I need to accomplish each task, and He knows which tasks really need accomplishing.  I need to trust that He's not going to derail my day because I took the time to sit and listen to Him.  In fact, He will redeem my time.  I know that because He's done it faithfully in the past.  How soon I forget though, all He's done for me.  Sigh!  All to easily, I forget and fall back into my "chicken with her head cut off" patterns.  I'm just being honest here.

What if I practiced a little self-discipline and made myself take ALL my questions and problems to Him first and actually waited on His answer?  I wonder exactly how that would turn out?  Would I be spending all my time sitting around being still and quiet?  Hahaha!!  That's a funny picture to me.  I think I'm going to make it an experiment.  I'm going to write all my questions and problems down in a journal, and for the next week I'm going to take every last one of them to God and no one else (unless He tells me to seek counsel from someone in particular).  I'm going to ask for His help and do my best to sit still and listen, and when He tells me to get up and go about my business while I'm waiting, that's what I'll do.  I'm going to trust Him solely and completely.  Wow!  That actually sounds a little scary!  I'm going to do it though because I know that He is the perfect resource for ALL I need to know, so I'm going to put what I know into practice.  How often have I NOT done that?  That's an entry for another day.  I'll let you know how my week goes.

Blessings!
Brenda  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment