Welcome

Welcome to Heartsprings, where I share what springs forth from my heart for God and His people. I pray that what you find here blesses you and draws you nearer to your Heavenly Father who loves you like no other.

In His love,
Brenda :-)

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Power

July 9, 2015



"Are you sufficiently right with God to expect Him to manifest His wonderful life in you?"  "If we really believed that God meant what He said - what should we be like?"
-Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

I have often wondered about the lack of power in the church today and in my own life.  Why are we not able to do the things the disciples did when the Bible says we would do even greater things than what Jesus did?!  "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father." (John 14:12 NASB) Compared to what I read in the New Testament, Christians today are impotent.

Is it that we are not sufficiently right with God or that we don't believe?  I think it may possibly be a combination of the two.  I think we're too much in this world; comfortable, familiar with, even reliant on our circumstances and what we can see with our own two eyes.  We are not sufficiently right with or reliant upon God.  We do things in our own strength, follow our own wisdom, and satisfy ourselves with things of this world.  Miracles make us nervous and any manifestation of the gifts of The Spirit are cause for doubt and confusion.  I think the New Testament believers would doubt our conversion.

So what to do about it?  First off, do we WANT to do anything about it?  We're so comfortable with things the way they are.  I struggle with that question myself.  I like comfort and self-reliance.  I like thinking that I'm in control and the sense of security that provides (albeit, false security).  I can't shake the feeling, however, that I could be doing greater things, and my life and the lives of those around me would be better off for it.  I'm not talking about fame, fortune, or being some kind of super-hero.  I'm talking about making an eternal difference in the lives of others.  I'm talking about fulfilling my God-given purpose and walking in all the power of the Holy Spirit that I was intended to walk in.  "Then he said to me, . . . . 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6 NASB)  I want to live by The Spirit, walk in The Spirit, worship in spirit and in truth.  Father, that is my prayer for today.  Take away the impotence and make me and my brothers and sisters-in-Christ strong in You.  Open our eyes to the ways and power of The Holy Spirit, Your Spirit, and let us not be afraid.  Give us knowledge, understanding, wisdom, and discernment.  Let us truly live according to the leading of The Holy Spirit that You have placed within each believer.  Let us exercise; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.  Let us use the gifts of The Spirit that You have given each one of us for the edification of the church and to Your glory.  Let us fervently love one another that we would be unified and the world would see our love.  "I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me." (John 17:23 NASB)  Raise up Your army, Lord, and strengthen them for these end times.
In the powerful name of Jesus I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment