Welcome

Welcome to Heartsprings, where I share what springs forth from my heart for God and His people. I pray that what you find here blesses you and draws you nearer to your Heavenly Father who loves you like no other.

In His love,
Brenda :-)

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Right Here!

“For throughout all their journeys, the cloud of the LORD was on the tabernacle by day, and there was fire in it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel.”
Exodus 40:38 NASB


As I meditated on this verse, I wondered what it must have been like for the Israelites to have The Presence of God right there in their midst.  A cloud by day and fire by night.  How impressive must that have been!  I imagine they probably got used to it, but . . . God, RIGHT THERE!  I don't know if I could ever get used to that.  Then I realized, I have.

God is RIGHT HERE, with me.  I am now the Tabernacle.  We Christians are now the Tabernacle.  The Presence of God dwells within us and yet we are normally not in awe.  Maybe it's because we don't have the impressive visuals that the Israelites had, or maybe we've just gotten used to it.  I'm not entirely sure.  I am sure, however, that I myself am a fairly visual person.  I learn by watching and doing.  If I had some kind of visual reminding me every day that the Spirit of God dwells in me, maybe my attitude would be different?  Or, maybe I'd just get used to that too.  We're such adaptable creatures.  I just can't help but think that His Presence had to be amazing to see, actually see with the naked eye!  Would your life ever be the same after that?  COULD it ever be the same?

And the security of knowing that God Almighty, your Heavenly Father, was actually dwelling in your midst!  But wait, He IS dwelling in our midst!  Shouldn't we have the most amazing sense of security knowing that He dwells within us?  WITHIN us, not just outside the city limits where He could be here quickly, but actually with us 24/7!  The God of the universe, The King of Kings, The Alpha and Omega - His Spirit dwells within every believer!  Take a moment and let that sink in.

Mind blowing, isn't it?  I think it's probably too much for us to grasp, really, and that's why we don't live like that is the reality.  Mountaintop experiences are exhilarating and wonderful, and they're also exhausting.  We humans can't maintain that kind of euphoria and I imagine that is what it would be like to live as though we fully grasped the reality of our situation as believers.  A constant, never-ending mountaintop experience.  Heaven?  Makes sense to me.  “For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.” -1 Corinthians 13:12 NASB. We only see glimpses now, and only experience momentary mountain tops, but when we are with Christ in eternity we will get the full experience.  When we are made perfect and able to stand it, we will "know fully".  I for one, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment