Welcome

Welcome to Heartsprings, where I share what springs forth from my heart for God and His people. I pray that what you find here blesses you and draws you nearer to your Heavenly Father who loves you like no other.

In His love,
Brenda :-)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mindfulness

Who am I that the Creator of the universe would be mindful of me? The KJV uses the word "mindful" in Psalm 8:4. The dictionary definition of mindful is: "attentive, aware, or careful of". Almighty God is not only aware of me, but He pays attention to me. What an awesome thought, and one that begs a question. Do I pay as much attention to Him as He does to me? I would venture to say......."no". He knows how many hairs are on my head. I don't even know if He HAS hair. I would guess He doesn't since He's a spiritual being, but maybe there's spiritual hair. I don't know and that looks like too deep a well for right now. The point is, I could probably stand to pay a little more attention to my Heavenly Father. I get so caught up in the busyness of the day and all the "things" I want to accomplish, that I can sometimes go all day without thinking about Him. Does He go that long without thinking of me? I wonder. The Word tells me in Isaiah that I am etched on the palm of His hand. It would be hard to go for long without noticing something etched upon the palm of your hand. I think that God is much more attentive to me than I am to Him and I'd like to change that.

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your mindfulness of me; Your love, Your grace, and Your mercy. Father, may I be as attentive to You as You are to me. Give me a heavenly mindset, Lord. I desire for You to be my focus because when that happens, everything else in my life will fall into place like it's supposed to, and I want that. I want Your plans and purposes for my life, to Your glory and the furtherance of the kingdom. In the name of my ever-present Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment