Welcome

Welcome to Heartsprings, where I share what springs forth from my heart for God and His people. I pray that what you find here blesses you and draws you nearer to your Heavenly Father who loves you like no other.

In His love,
Brenda :-)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nothing of Value

Apart from God we can do nothing of lasting value. Sure we can do nice things for people, and possibly accomplish something that people will remember for years and even centuries. The question is, will what we do have eternal value?

“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Without the Holy Spirit guiding, directing, and empowering, nothing we do matters for the kingdom of heaven. When we don't know Jesus, we don't know real purpose. I know for me, before receiving Jesus, when I did something charitable I didn't even really know WHY I was doing it other than it made me and someone else feel good. I didn't see long-term implications or deep purpose, because there really wasn't any......for me. I did nothing in the name of Jesus or for the sake of the kingdom. It was all to make me feel good, temporarily. I wasn't storing up treasure in heaven. I was battling boredom or just trying to feel good about myself. No deep purpose there. It's a whole different story when I'm doing something in the name of Jesus. When I'm being His love here on earth, His hands and feet. I'm storing up treasure in heaven and making an eternal difference in someone's life, a difference that effects that person's eternity! Whoa! That's some deep purpose! That can't happen though, without the Holy Spirit working in, through, and around me and whatever situation He has led me to. Whatever situation He leads YOU to will have eternal implications and be of infinite value. Toss aside the things of no value and follow Christ to deep purpose. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment