Welcome

Welcome to Heartsprings, where I share what springs forth from my heart for God and His people. I pray that what you find here blesses you and draws you nearer to your Heavenly Father who loves you like no other.

In His love,
Brenda :-)

Thursday, May 5, 2011

His Sovereignty Brings Joy

I read in my devotional this morning that God's sovereignty is something that should bring us joy, not apprehension. That really stuck with me because I have been one who wanted to be in control and hated the idea of relinquishing it to someone who might make me suffer. I was sure that if I turned over every area of my life to God, He would allow some terrible tragedy to befall me all for the sake of "growth". What I wasn't getting was who God is.

He is my Heavenly Father, full of love, grace, mercy, and unconditional love for me. He works all things for my good and He has plans to give me hope and a future. Anything that comes my way is for a reason and has crossed His desk first. Yes, He has allowed some trials for the sake of growth and I've survived every one of them. They have made me stronger and drawn me closer to Him. Being closer to God is worth my life because without Him I would have no life anyway. When I think of it in those terms I can indeed be joyful that my loving, merciful, and gracious Heavenly Father is sovereign.......and I'm not! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment