Welcome

Welcome to Heartsprings, where I share what springs forth from my heart for God and His people. I pray that what you find here blesses you and draws you nearer to your Heavenly Father who loves you like no other.

In His love,
Brenda :-)

Monday, May 2, 2011

Increase My Trust

The prayer of my heart today is this; "Knower of all things past, present, and future in my life, I'm grateful that You "get" everything I'm facing today and I pray You will increase my trust in You. In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen."

"I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul." -Psalm 31:7.

Sometimes there are things I go through that no one can really understand. Even if I try to explain it, they just can't "get" it without having experienced it themselves. I am in such a place in my life right now and it's a lonely place to be. There is One, however, to whom I can turn and in whom I can confide. My heavenly Father gets everything I go through. He knew about it before it ever happened and He sees the light at the end of the tunnel long before I do. He IS the light at the end of the tunnel. He knows how to get to the other side of what I'm going through and He'll lead the way if I but trust Him.

Therein lies the challenge really. It's difficult to trust when you can't see where you're going. Have you ever had someone take you by the hand and tell you to close your eyes while they lead you to a surprise? Did you relax and let yourself be led, or did you hold out your hand, feeling for obstacles and stepping cautiously? Trust is a difficult issue, more difficult for some than others. A lot of us humans have terrible control issues as well as trust issues. We don't trust anyone else to control things as well as we will, or in the way we want them controlled......including God. We don't trust the Blessed Controller of all things to do a good job of controlling things. Why? I think it's because this world we live in looks anything but controlled. We see things careen out of control constantly and wonder where God is in that. it doesn't LOOK like He's doing His job. However, as children of God, we walk by faith and not by sight. We believe what God's Word says about Him and about His plans for us and this world. Our children don't always understand the things WE do. To them, it doesn't look as if we have their best interests at heart when in fact, that is our top priority. It's the same with us and our Father God. We have to trust that, in spite of how things look, our Heavenly Father has our best interests at heart and He's got it all under control.

Heavenly Father, Blessed Controller of all things and Lover of my soul, help me to keep my focus on You and not my circumstances. You have overcome the circumstances. You are greater than any challenge I face today and, in fact, You will face those challenges with me and help me through them. Thank You for loving me that much and for being The One I can always rely on to "get" me. Increase my trust in You I pray, in the trustworthy name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment